The Webb County Heritage Foundation is calling on all area photographers to submit entries in the sixth annual “Historic Laredo and Webb County” photo contest. Photos should feature a historic building, landmark, architectural feature, landscape, or other subject reflecting our region’s history or heritage. Deadline is August 12th.
A cash prize will be awarded to the first, second and third place winners and a total of 13 winners will be chosen to be featured in the Heritage Foundation’s “2017 Historic Laredo and Webb County” Calendar. An entry fee of $10 will allow up to three photographs to be entered. Photographs should be full-color, horizontal views, unmatted and unframed. The Photo Competition was designed to foster a greater appreciation of the region’s historic architecture, significant landmarks, and other notable historical features. In addition, the calendar features some of the important dates in Laredo’s history, and serves as a convenient educational tool. All entries in the competition will be showcased in the “Historic Laredo Photo Competition” exhibit at the Villa Antigua® Border Heritage Museum in December.
Entries must be brought to the Foundation office at 500 Flores Ave. in Laredo.
- All entries must be delivered in print (8”X10”, unmatted, unframed, matte paper) to the Webb County Heritage Foundation office, 500 Flores Avenue, Laredo, Texas by Friday, August 12, 2016. Entries received after this date will not be considered.
- If possible, please submit digital copies of your photos along with the hard copies.
- Subject matter includes, but is not limited to, buildings, landscapes, architectural features, landmarks, representative events, etc. located in Laredo or Webb County, Texas.
- Horizontal, full color photographs only
- There is a $10 entry fee for up to 3 photographs. Multiple entries are allowed. Each photograph must have its own entry form taped to the back of the photo.
- Photographs must be labeled as specified on the entry form (below).
- All photographs must be original work and applicant must own the right to distribute the image.
- By submitting a photograph to this contest applicant agrees to grant the Webb County Heritage Foundation use of your photograph royalty-free to reproduce and utilize the photograph submitted for any purpose including but not limited to publication in print and digital media. Entrants further grant the Webb County Heritage Foundation the right to use and publish their names for publicity in connection with this contest. Photo credit will be given to photographers.
- Selections will be based on content, quality and artistry of photos. Winning photographs will appear in the 2017 Historic Laredo Calendar. There will be one grand prize winner ($500) that will be featured on the cover of the calendar. A second place winner will be awarded $250 and a third place winner will be awarded $100.
- All entries will be showcased at the Border Heritage Museum during the Historic Laredo Photo Contest Exhibit.
- Entering this contest constitutes acceptance of these rules.