The Republic of the Rio Grande®
The Republic of the Rio Grande® Protocol
At the Republic of the Rio Grande Museum, we want to provide a safe, enjoyable experience for our visitors, so we have added some precautionary measures to make everyone feel comfortable during this time. Make sure you come prepared to visit us! Here are more details:
Staff is required to wear masks. Visitors will be required to wear masks upon entry and at all times during the visit. No mask, no entry.
Online ticket purchases are requested for visitors. Please note that we will be a cashless establishment during this time to ensure patron and staff safety. To minimize contact, only Credit/Debit Cards will be accepted at this time.
Hand sanitizer is available at the entrance and visitors are encouraged to use it when entering and leaving the museum. Cleaning staff will also be sanitizing high-touch areas before, during and after hours of operation.
Maintaining Social Distance
To help maintain social distancing the museum we are limiting occupancy 10 visitors at a time.
The Republic of the Río Grande® Museum
The Republic of the Río Grande® Museum is housed in one of Laredo’s oldest structures located on San Agustín Plaza in downtown Laredo. The museum is a Mexican vernacular structure, constructed in 1830 with an 1860 addition. It was once the home of Bartolomé García, prominent rancher and mayor of Laredo. According to tradition, in 1840, the structure served as the capitol of the Republic of the Río Grande. The Museum is considered a historic house museum which features displays recreating an authentic c.1830 home in Laredo.
The Republic of the Río Grande® Museum hosts guided tours for school age children and adults year-round. The museum also provides presentations on local history and preservation to schools, civic organizations, and visitors on a regular basis.
For reservations call Andrea Ordoñez at (956) 727-3480
Visit the Republic of the Rio Grande Museum Today!
Republic of the Rio Grande® Museum
1005 Zaragoza Street, Laredo, Texas, (956) 727-3480
Museum hours: Tuesday – Saturday from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Closed on Sundays and Mondays