Who We Are
Who We Are
Growing out of the Laredo Historical Society founded in 1955, the Webb County Heritage Foundation was chartered in 1980 by local citizens concerned with protecting the architecture, artifacts, and cultural traditions of the border community. The Webb County Heritage Foundation seeks to promote an awareness and appreciation of historic preservation, heritage education, and heritage tourism. In this role, the WCHF promotes preservation and rehabilitation of historic architecture, ranching heritage, and folklore traditions of the border region. It has been instrumental in the designation of local historic districts and participates in the process of protecting the integrity of these and other areas through its work with the city of Laredo’s Historic District Landmark Board. The Webb County Heritage Foundation also provides numerous free publications in English and Spanish on subjects related to border history, heritage, landmarks, and folklore.
The Webb County Heritage Foundation conducts tours of historic downtown Laredo; archives historic documents, maps, photographs, and oral histories; presents exhibitions; and operates the The Republic of the Río Grande® Museum and the Villa Antigua® Border Heritage Museum.
The Webb County Heritage Foundation
Webb County Heritage Foundation
500 Flores Avenue, Laredo, Texas
Post Office Box 446
Laredo, TX 78042-0446
Phone: 956-727-0977 | Fax: 956-727-0577 | e-mail: email@example.com